Hello, and welcome to A Book and a Latte‘s 2014 Young Adult Audiobook Challenge! I hope you join us this year! I look forward to finding out what books you listen to in 2014 and discovering more great narrators and titles. Many thanks to Jessi of Digital Simplicity for designing this year’s button.
Choose a level below that will challenge you, and listen to and review the amount of audiobooks required for that level. To complete this challenge, you must listen and review a minimum of 12 audiobooks (released any year) of the YA (or MG) genre in 2014.
Listen to and review 12 audiobooks.
Listen to and review 24 audiobooks.
Listen to 36+ audiobooks, and review at least 24 of them.
Listen to 48+ audiobooks, and review at least 36 of them.
Why should I join this challenge?
Because audiobooks rock! Listening to a book while doing chores or mundane tasks somehow makes them easier or at least not so bad, and they make hours in the car fly by… If you haven’t given audiobooks a try, use this challenge as motivation to do so!
What audiobooks count towards the YAAC?
Any young adult (or MG) audiobook! It doesn’t matter what year it was published.
What are the requirements?
- Listen to and review at least 12 YA audiobooks (Easy Listening level) in between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014
- Reviews should include the length of the audiobook, name of narrator(s), and include your opinion of the narrator(s)/production as well as the novel.
- Review the audiobooks on either your blog, Goodreads, Amazon, or Audible, and then link them up here.
- There will be a linky open here each month to link up your reviews.
- Declare yourself a challenge participant (blog post/facebook/twitter) and sign up in the linky below!
- HAVE FUN 🙂
There will be at least one giveaway at the end of the year, and each linked review counts as an entry! There’s potential for more giveaways through-out the year, and instructions will be posted with any additional giveaways.
If you’re interested in donating books/audiobooks or swag to be used in giveaways for this challenge please don’t hesitate to contact me at bookandlatte [at] gmail [dot] com!
- YA Audiobook Challenge Goodreads Group. By joining the group you can easily track your challenge progress, see what books other participants are listening to, and share recommendations. I hope this will make it easier to find audiobooks/narrators that you will love! It is not required to join the goodreads group to participate, but it’s highly recommended.
- “Best YA Audiobooks” List: I created a listopia list of YA audiobooks I highly recommend. Where listening to the audio version is as good or possibly better than physically reading the book! The ones I’ve added are not in any particular order as of now. If you add titles, please do so selectively.
- Audiobook Jukebox: A website dedicated to collecting links to audiobook reviews. You can find reviews for titles you’re curious about, and share your own. Check it out!
- Link up your reviews in the month you write them. Don’t worry if you’re not able to post your review in the month you listened to the audiobook. If you finish an audiobook in January but aren’t able to post a review before the end of the month, no worries! Post your review on your blog (or goodreads.com) and link it up in February. The only time requirement is that you listen to them between Jan 1st and Dec 31st of 2014, and all reviews are linked up by the end of the year.
- Find narrators that you like! If you pick up an audiobook and the narrator drives you crazy, or you can’t get into it… put it down (and don’t feel guilty). Not all narrators are created equal! Don’t hesitate to ask if you would like a recommendation. Check out the “Best of YA Audiobooks” list or start a discussion thread in the Goodreads Group!
Sign Up for the 2014 YAAC!