I’m thrilled to have Lisa Bergren here today as part of her blog tour for her new series, REMNANTS. I’m looking forward to starting this series, since I absolutely LOVE her River of Time Series! Check out the book, her post about the awesomeness of Colorado, and then enter the giveaway by following the directions below!
REMNANTS: Season of Wonder
by Lisa T. Bergren
April 8, 2014 | Zondervan
5 REASONS WHY COLORADO ROCKS FOR A WRITER
by Lisa T. Bergren
There’s a reason why I started my characters in Remnants: Season of Wonder out in a valley based on Telluride, Colorado. Because our state is awesome. It’s home to me, in every sense of the word, and it’s a great place to be a writer. Here’s why:
- Sun: Though our state’s unofficial “300 days of sunshine” tagline is apparently a myth started by a railroad company in the 1870s to boost tourism, we do get an incredible amount of sunshine. And sun fuels my fire. Clouds make me want to nap. And eat chocolate.
- Rocky Mountain High: Hiking and walking while enjoying nature’s beauty (which can be observed even in my suburban neighborhood) is a great way to get the creative juices flowing.
- Dry air: We’re the second driest state in the country. While that’s not awesome for the skin, I appreciate not sweating while holding a warm laptop. That would just be icky and uncomfortable. And discomfort does not feed creativity.
- Good library system: There’s a library in every quadrant of our city. And I love to settle into a library chair, put on my headphones to listen to soundtrack music, and write like a madwoman.
- Great public schools: No homeschooling call on this mama’s life—only writing! Woot!
Remnants: Season of Wonder is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, or at your local bookstore. Email Lisa that you ordered or purchased Remnants: Season of Wonder IN APRIL and she’ll mail you a signed bookplate! (Lisa@bergrencreativegroup.com)
LAUNCH TOUR CLUE #7: EVERY
Collect all 26 clues, gathered from each of the Launch Tour stops this month, and you could win a Kindle Fire HDX ($229 USD). Open internationally. At the end of the month, just go to LisaBergren.com and enter the completed clue stream in the Rafflecopter (available after April 30, 2014).
About Lisa Bergren
Many thanks to Lisa for visiting and having me as part of her REMNANTS Blog Tour! Be sure to follow the tour to gather all the clues, you can find the tour schedule HERE.