Published by Blue Tulip Publishing on October 17, 2017
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
I have loved everything I’ve read from Stephanie Fournet, and DRIVE did not disappoint! As usual, Fournet delivered great characters and an immersing, heart-wrenching romance. There’s so much to love, that I decided to make the list below.
Ten Things I Loved About DRIVE (no particular order):
- Characterizations – I quickly connected with Jacques and Rainey
- The way Pal would wake up Jacques each morning 😂
- Two words: ROAD TRIP. Everything about it – from the snacks to the sweet and perfect hotel room scenes.
- The incorporation of music – songs mentioned, records, lyrics, small venues
- Floyd’s three words of the day, they added a touch of magic
- Getting to know Lafayette more, the town where Fournet’s books take place
- The inclusion of Louisiana French/Creole culture
- That I’ll never take an Uber again without wondering about the driver’s backstory. I usually talk to Uber drivers, but now I’ll be even more curious!
- The general appreciation for family – however they are created
- The HEA ending!
DRIVE was a perfect escape read that I highly recommend to any fan of romance. There were a few cheesy lines in the epilogue but by then I loved the characters so much that they just made me smile. As expected, I’m already anxiously waiting for Stephanie Fournet’s next book!